This post-bac position is located within the Clinical Center at the National Institutes of Health. The IRTA will work within the Nursing Research and Translational Science (NRTS) division of the Nursing Department. This position will assist with recruiting, interviewing, and data management for protocols focusing on (1) exploring the oral microbiome and interventions for high risk populations and (2) identifying clinical signs and symptoms of fever in high risk populations.
Potential research protocols:
· Quantifying and Understanding the Signs and Symptoms of Fever
· The Effect of Music Listening on the Amount of Opioids Used in Surgical Intensive Care Patients
· Oral microbiome study
Specific duties include:
¨ Complete study materials, data entry and data management for enrolled subjects.
¨ Maintain research files and ensure appropriate regulatory documents are completed.
¨ Assist investigators in conducting patient interviews.
¨ Provide administrative support for the Principal/Associate Investigator.
¨ Provide manuscript formatting.
¨ Take online and classroom classes as deemed necessary by the Principal/Associate Investigator.
· strong scientific and technical writing skills
· undergraduate statistics and/or research methods courses
· previous research experience
· working knowledge of Microsoft applications (PowerPoint, Word, and Excel)
· working knowledge of SPSS
· willingness to learn/use EndNote reference management software
If interested, please contact:
Chad W. Koratich, MS, RN, ACRN
CDR, US Public Health Service
Senior Nurse Consultant
Nursing Research and Translational Science
National Institutes of Health Clinical Center
9000 Rockville Pike
Bldg. 10/Room 2B16
Bethesda, MD 20892 MSC 1151
(301) 594-5321 Office
(301) 480-9675 Fax
(301) 792-8583 Blackberry